This privacy notice applies to all personal information processing activities carried out by Dental Profiles. Dental Profiles is the data controller in respect of personal information that we process in connection with our business. Our principal address is 170-B, Street No. 68, F-10/3, Islamabad – Pakistan, our contact details can be located here
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following kinds of information about you:
- Personal details such as your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, email address, occupation
- Information about your dental and general health, including clinical records made by dentists and other dental professionals involved with your care and treatment
- X-rays, clinical photographs, digital scans of your mouth and teeth, and study models
- Medical and dental histories
- Treatment plans and consent
- Notes of conversations with you about your care
- Correspondence from other health professionals or institutions involved in your care
- Details of the fees we have charged, the amounts you have paid and some payment details
- Feedback and complaints
- CCTV images
- Online profile and social media information and activity, based on your interaction with us and
- Our websites, including for example Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns – including the full URL clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page
How we obtain information
- You may give us information about you through the following:
- Filling in forms at our practices or on our websites.
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- Through the technology you use to access our services
Information we receive from third parties – This includes information you provide when you visit our websites, for the purpose of booking an appointment with a dentist at Dental Profiles clinics, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site and when you report a problem with our site.
How we use your information – the purpose
We may use this information to:
- To provide you with the dental care and treatment that you need, we require up-to-date and accurate information about you.
- We may contact you to conduct patient surveys or to find out if you are happy with the treatment you received for quality control purposes.
- We will seek your preference for how we contact you about your dental care. Our usual methods are SMS, telephone, email or letter.
- We may use your information for our own analysis to understand the effectiveness of our marketing activities.
If we wish to use your information for dental research or dental education, we will discuss this with you and seek your consent. Depending on the purpose and if possible, we will anonymise your information. If this is not possible we will inform you and discuss your options.
We may use your contact details to inform you of products and services available at our practices.
We have CCTV at some of our practices for the purposes of security and patient and staff safety.
Sharing your information
Your information is normally used only by those working at the practice but there may be instances where we need to share it – for example, with:
- Your doctor
- The hospital or community dental services or other health professionals caring for you
- Dental laboratories
We also share your information with third parties in order to deliver the following services to you:
- Managing new inquiries from our website
- Contacting you to check if you wish to remain a client of ours
- Sending reminders for your dental appointments
- Processing on-line booking appointments
- Collecting feedback from our patients
- Managing email communications to our patients
- Providing troubleshooting and support services for our various IT systems
How we will keep your information safe
We employ administrative, electronic and physical security measures to ensure that the information that we collect about you is protected from access by unauthorized persons and protected against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage.
- Password protection
- Locked cabinets/rooms
- Practice security systems (including CCTV)
- Virus protection
- Secure servers
- Back-up facilities
- Secure cloud-based storage
How long will we keep your information?
We keep your dental records for 10 years after the date of your last visit.